OFSTED visited both Crossdale and Keyworth Primary in 2021 to inspect the provision offered by Windmills. Both settings received superb feedback – there are a few selected comments below to give you a flavour of the reports.
Holiday Club at Crossdale:
- Children benefit from […] staff knowing them and their families exceptionally well.
- Children's enjoyment is evident in their desire to join in with all activities.
- Children are extremely happy and safe in the holiday provision environment.
- Pre-school children relish the attention they receive from the older children, who are on hand to support them.
- Staff have superb opportunities for professional development.
- Staff manage children's behaviour well. […] This helps children to play harmoniously alongside each other.
- Staff have a superb knowledge of all pre-school children and use this to provide and enhance activities that they will enjoy
- Management and staff demonstrate excellent understanding of the signs and symptoms that may indicate a child's welfare is at risk.
- Staff ensure that children's safety is high priority.
Preschool for 2-year-olds at KPNS
- Leadership and management: Outstanding ; The quality of education- Outstanding
- Behaviour and attitudes- Outstanding; Personal development Outstanding
- Overall effectiveness- Outstanding
- Children explore with great interest and are highly engaged in the activities available. They play well, both alongside adults and on their own.
- Children make comments such as, 'I've had the best day ever'
- Children […] approach staff for comfort and support, knowing they will receive plenty of reassurance.
- Children behave exceptionally well with their friends.
- Staff are consistent and fair in the way they help children to understand the high expectations for behaviour.
- The manager and staff continually strive to improve opportunities for children.
- Staff's excellent interactions with children, use of questions and rich vocabulary have resulted in some new children making significant progress in speaking.
- Children are confident independent learners who show high levels of curiosity.
- Children benefit greatly from sessions in the forest school and opportunities to experience the large open area, encouraging more physical activity.
- Staff make interactions with the children engaging and enjoyable.
- Parent partnerships are excellent. The manager and staff know the children and their families incredibly well.
- Staff […] are completely committed to meeting the needs of each child's learning and development.
- Staff are extremely vigilant in their supervision of children, and rigorous risk assessments ensure the environment is safe and secure.
- Staff […] have an excellent understanding of the signs and symptoms of abuse.