The Department for Education "strongly encourages schools to have a uniform as it can play a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone." At Crossdale, we believe that our school uniform helps children develop an understanding of community and consistency of expectations.
Our school uniform consists of the following required items: -
- burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan*
- zipped fleeces are available for cold weather*
- grey trousers and shorts
- grey skirt or pinafore
- white shirt or white/burgundy polo shirt*
- summer dress (burgundy or red)
- black shoes (no trainers). Shoes should have no large and obvious branding on them
- plain grey, white, burgundy or black socks or tights
For PE, children need to have:
- a white round necked t-shirt or any other plain white t-shirt*
- burgundy shorts (no logos)
- appropriate footwear - trainers or plimsolls
- a plain, dark coloured tracksuit or leggings for the colder months
All items marked with a * above can be ordered with an embroidered school logo from the school office using 'School Money' - Click here to access the School Money website. However, we do carry a small stock of uniform items in the school office.
NB. For health and safety reasons, open toed and sling back sandals are not suitable for school.
Although not compulsory, caps are available at any time from the office.
Our PTA also run our pre-loved uniform items. Search 'Crossdale Primary School' on the app or website UNIFORMERLY to request items of pre-loved uniform.
It is advisable to label all items of clothings clearly.
No jewellery is permitted for PE. Should your child have studs in their ears that they cannot take out, they will need to be covered with micropore tape.
Watches (excluding smart watches) are allowed, religious jewellery and stud earrings only.
Please discourage your child from bringing any valuable jewellery/watches to school.