The Department for Education "strongly encourages schools to have a uniform as it can play a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone." At Crossdale, we believe that our school uniform helps children develop an understanding of community and consistency of expectations.
Use the 'School Money' link below to order uniform
Our school uniform consists of the following: -
- burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan
- grey trousers and shorts
- grey skirt or pinafore
- white shirt or white/burgundy polo shirt
- summer dress (burgundy or red)
- black shoes (no trainers). Shoes should have no large and obvious branding on them
- plain grey, white, burgundy or black socks or tights
NB. For health and safety reasons, open toed and sling back sandals are not suitable for school.
The sweatshirt, cardigans and polo-shirts (embroidered with the school logo) are available by ordering from the school office. However, we do carry a small stock of uniform items. There is also an order form on the school website. It is advisable to label all items of clothing. Although not compulsory, caps are available at any time from the office. We also hold a stock of secondhand items (mainly sweatshirts) but sizes are subject to availability.
For PE, children need to have:
- a white, round-neck t-shirt (school logo or completely plain)
- burgundy shorts (no logos)
- appropriate footwear - trainers or plimsolls
- a plain, dark coloured tracksuit for the colder months
It is possible to buy school uniform online. Click here to access the School Money website.
Our PTA also run our pre-loved uniform items. Click here for more information and to request items of pre-loved uniform.