Sport, Clubs and Activities
Our school has our very own School Sport Organising Crew. This crew will become involved in sport and PE within school by running clubs, carrying out surveys, reporting on competitions and helping to develop the delivery of sport within school.
What is a School Sport Organising Crew?
A School Sport Organising Crew is a group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the
Sainsbury’s School Games.
Why do we need a School Sport Organising Crew?
A School sport organising crew provide an organised mechanism for young people to do the following:
• Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
• Air views and have opinions listened to.
• Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
• Assist in the development and planning of ‘their’ Sainsbury’s School
Games programme of activities — based on student voice and need.
• Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
The SSOCrew should be seen as an essential aspect of developing school sport provision that meets the needs of young people.
Meet the crew.....
Olivia Hammond + Nyah Gallagher
Niamh Spencer + Charlotte Cox