Sickness and Absence
In the event that your child is sick, we are advised that they should be kept away from other children for a minimum of 24-48 hours.
Further (comprehensive) guidance from the Health Protection Agency is available by clicking here.
We would like you to contact school regarding unexpected absences (for example, sickness) before 9:30am. If we haven't heard from you by 10am, we will get in touch by text or by telephone.
Holidays During Term Time
When a pupil is withdrawn during term time there is disruption to the learning process and this can sometimes result in the pupil falling behind his/her peers. Permission for family holidays in term time can only be granted in exceptional circumstances. The Department for Education issued new guidelines in September 2013 which clarified the expectations for headteachers and parents.
The following are not legitimate reasons for taking holiday in term time:
- Availability of cheap holidays
- Availability of desired accommodation
- Poor weather experienced in the school holiday period
- Overlap with the beginning or end of term
- Holidays booked before checking with the school
- Siblings at other schools with different holidays
- Day trips
Administering Medicines At School
Please see the attachment (below) for details of our policy on administering medicines at school.