School Drop-off and Pick-up Times
To help us reduce the likelihood of Covid-19 transmission on the school site:
Please see the details below about start and end times to the day THAT we introduced on 2nd November AND ensure you are punctual.
Please enter and leave the school site promptly.
Please remind your children to be calm and SENSIBLE when entering anD leaving the school site.
We are finding over the weeks that the playground is becoming congested at pick up and drop off - ANY HELP IN KEEPING THESE BUSY TIMES ORDELY AND IN LINE WITH OUR TIMETABLE WOULD BE greatly APPRECIATED.
We have been reviewing our school day start and finish times ahead of the half term break, and the return to school on Monday 2nd November 2020.
Now that we have embedded our school routines over the last six weeks, we would like to trial new drop off times, reducing the gap to 5 minutes between drop-offs. We are hoping that this will mean there is less waiting around for families, and the congregating that happens near the gate each morning and afternoon will hopefully be eliminated.
Hopefully this also means as the weather deteriorates, we will be able to get children into school quicker and parents won’t need to be hanging around for as long.
The new school day timings will be as follows:
Owls (R Class) 9am – 3:30pm
Lime (Y1) 9:05 -3:35pm
Maple (Y2) 8:55am – 3:25pm
Monkey Puzzle (Y3) 8:55am – 3:25pm
Apple (Y4) 9:05am – 3:35pm
Cherry (Y5) 9am – 3:30pm
Pine (Y6) 8:55am – 3:25pm
We will be monitoring the new drop-off and pick-up times very carefully for the first two weeks back after half term, and if we find that it is not working as we hoped, we will need to revert to longer gaps between drop-off and collection times.
To help the new drop-off and pick-up times run as successfully as possible, we ask that:
- Parents / carers wear a mask / face covering when on school site (click here for more information)
- You arrive on-time for the drop-off and pick-up time and are therefore not 'hanging around' on the playground
- You stay with your child / children on one of the ‘be safe bees’ on the playground in your child’s class line (if you have more than one child with you, they should stay with you whilst you are waiting with their sibling(s))
- If you are dropping off more than one child, you do not need to leave the school site between drop-offs – please wait on the designated class ‘be safe bees’ marked on the playground
- Please maintain a social distance from other parents / carers when on the school site
- Children do not use the trim-trail or woodlands areas before or after school
If you have any questions, please get in touch using the school email address: email@example.com
Have a lovely half term break. We look forward to welcoming you back on Monday 2nd November 2020.