School Closure update - URGENT
Dear Parents and Carers,
Overnight, the government have provided guidance regarding the care schools are being asked to provide from Monday for a limited number of children. You will all be aware that all schools in England will be closed from 3.30pm today for the majority of children.
To help us all plan, the government have published some key principles. The following apply to our school and to all families in England:
- PARENTS: If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- PARENTS: Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- PARENTS: Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- SCHOOLS: If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them. (Our school will contact you if your child might be classed as vulnerable)
The government have asked that, as a country, we do what we can to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. It is clear that we all have a responsibility to help slow the spread of the virus and save lives.
Urgent actions for all parents and carers:
- Read the 4 principles above and consider your role in helping slow the spread of the virus.
- Read the Critical Worker guidance and ‘confirm with your employer that, based on their business continuity arrangements, YOUR specific job role is necessary for the continuation of this essential public service.’
- Please respond to the survey we will send out by text this morning (as soon as you possibly can) to help us plan our provision from Monday.
Many thanks for your ongoing support – you have helped us considerably over the last few days