Welcome from Mr Cresswell!
We are delighted that you have chosen Crossdale and look forward to working with you over the coming months to ensure your child has the best possible start to school life. Whether this is your first child joining Crossdale, or you have had other children pass through our school, we know how important it is that you get all the information you need to prepare for school life.
The current coronavirus situation means our transition will need to be different this year - we typically arrange pupil visits and parents' meetings to share information and help you and your child get a feel for life at Crossdale. As such, the meeting we had planned for the 16th June will not go ahead. However, we will be sharing information and contacting you over the next week or so in a range of different ways:
- Your child will be in 'Owl Class'. We have created a blog here and have subscribed you so you should get emails when it is updated.
- There is an email address - firstname.lastname@example.org - which will be live from 15th June where you can send questions about transition arrangements for September (Please allow up to a working week for a reply)
- Mrs Ingle and Mrs Mellor will be contacting you by phone to touch base and get to know you and your child a little better.
- We have prepared a powerpoint with key information about the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which will be shared on this blog next week.
- Miss Cuttell in the office will be contacting you about issues linked to administration (Please complete the pupil data form she has sent previously if you haven't done so already)
- We frequently update the school website, so have a browse if you have time and would like to learn more about the school.
I'm sure you understand that the government's plans for schools in September have not been announced, but as soon as they are we will update you.
Please let us know us if there are any adjustments we need to make to support you as we plan for September. We hope you and your child will enjoy your years at Crossdale, and we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our ‘family’!