Friday Writing Task
Hello Maple Class,
We hope you've had a good week enjoying the sunshine and thank you to everyone who has sent work to us this week - you are all doing so well and working so hard! WELL DONE!
Your writing task this week can be linked to the Oak National Academy's lessons on The Tiger Who Came to Tea or any other story set in a familiar setting.
So this week we're asking you to write or retell a story set in a familiar setting.
A setting is where the story takes place and a familiar setting is a place you know well like home, the park or school.
In your writing remember to ...
- Start by saying when the story happened e.g. On sunny day / On a dark and stormy night...
- Introduce you characters and use a describing word for them to bring them to life e.g. there was a greedy tiger / a happy boy went...
- Write all about what adventures they got up to?
- Capital letter and full stops
- Aim for at least three sentences
- Use adjectives to describe your characters and the setting
Happy writing and happy weekend!
Mrs Westie & Mrs Morgan :)